Paddle Sports Instructor and Trainee Shift Supervisor, Warwickshire
Location: St Nicolas Park, Banbury Rd, Warwick, Warwick Warwickshire
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000pa pr
Closing date: 15/12/23
Paddle Sports Instructor and Trainee Shift Supervisor with Warwick Boats
£18,000 – £22,000 per annum pro rota – dependent on experience
For a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working paddler, this is a great opportunity to join our team as a permanent staff member. This contract starts at the beginning of March and runs to the end of October, however, this could become a permanent, 12-month position for the right candidate.
This is a full-time, 4-day-a-week contract – however, due to the seasonal nature of the business you will work more hours in the peak summer period and less over the other months.
This is one role which combines responsibility for 2 key areas.
1. Paddlesport Coach
As a paddle sport coach, you will help plan, schedule and deliver a wide range of sessions across disciplines (Canoe, Kayak, SUP, Dragon Boat Helm). We offer a large programme of courses and sessions which include school groups, children’s lessons, birthday parties, qualification courses and training, and some weekend trips away.
2. Trainee Shift Supervisor.
You will work alongside a manager, coaches and deck crew to ensure the professional day-to-day running of the whole centre. This includes overseeing the following areas:
- Paddle sports program and all coaches/ deck crew. Handling customer enquiries in an efficient and professional manner whether by phone, email or in person.
- Public boat hire set up, (electric motor boats, row boats, pedalos, canoes, kayaks and sups); issuing customer tickets and equipment, supervising younger deck staff, and managing cash-up procedures.
- Serving customers and handling enquiries;
- Ensuring business is kept, clean, tidy, and operating in a safe and professional manner.
- Enthusiasm towards paddle sport
- British Canoeing Paddle Sport Instructor Qualification or higher
- Excellent Customer service experience
- Good level of computer literacy and numeracy
- Reliable, organised, and able to work under pressure at peak times
- Hold a mature and responsible attitude to work
- Full driving licence & own transport
We look for a strong secondary skill in all our applicants. For example, these could be:
- Excellence in a paddle sport discipline or Coach Educator Qualifications
- Any leadership qualifications – Whitewater, open canoe, touring or sea
- PC Software literacy and website experience
- Practical Repair skills, mechanical, electrical or carpentry experience
Benefits of the Job:
- – Develop Paddlesports experience and qualifications in multiple disciplines with our expert coaches
- Training budget for outside courses
- Kit budget (further kit available at high discounts)
- Management Training
- Work in a beautiful location in a Paddlesports centre
- Friendly working environment with happy and loyal customers
- Bonus Pay
- Centre Maintenance Trainin
- Account Software and Online Booking Training
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org If you require more information please feel free to call us for an informal chat at 01926 494743.
Closing date for applications: 15th December 2023. Start Date – March 2024